Saturday, June 27, 2009

Let's Luau

So if the fam and I have travel out to Chicago during the summer, it can only mean one thing--it's LUAU TIME! The Anderson Annual Luau has grown into such a tradition I don't know what we'd do without it. And my mom has been throwing this luau for so many years that we've really gotten all of the party prep down to a science (besides the fact that we actually have "Luau Book" that tells us exactly what to do!)
This year's party was yet again a great success. My Mom and Dad (and 100 or so of their closest friends) enjoyed all of Norm's tasty creations from the grill. I started getting worried that maybe we were going to run out of food (which would be a bad, bad thing at a luau) but everything turned out perfectly. It even waited to rain until that party was over that night.

Here's a pic of my Dad with two of his cousins and two nieces.

And our dancers--Cynthia, Tehani and Mallory--entertained the crowd with a few traditional numbers. (I know it looks like Cynthia is doing a booty shake but I promise it was a hula--it's a luau party, not a dance party :)

Tehani is still partial to doing her poi balls EVERY time we make her dance so I think we are going to have to teach her a few new non-poi ball numbers for next year.

So if you happen to be in Chicago in July 2010, let me know and I can get you seats to the best Luau in town!

No comments: