- The extra time that I had off of work this past week. The kids only had school on Monday (which I thought was kind of weird) but I guess that is what happens when you go to a private school--you can make up your own schedule instead of following a normal one that the district comes out with. The kids and I managed to get in a trip to the library to get some new books and a trip to the movies to see Bolt in 3-D (my first 3-D movie) which the kids thought was pretty cool.
- The fact that I am ready for Christmas. All the presents are bought and wrapped and we put up the tree this weekend. Of course, I couldn't pass up the opportunity to go shopping on Friday morning and I did score a deal on a new washer and dryer. Yeah me!! Even with that, it was not the same since my usual shopping partner Cynthia has moved away :( Though I did somehow manage to spend money without her.)
- The turkey that I cooked on Thanksgiving and that it came out ok. I don't usually stress about cooking a turkey when it is just for us but I was cooking the turkey to take over for the big meal at the Kalaniuvalu's...luckily for me everything turned out ok including the stuffing and gravy--(how can anything that is cooked with a cup of grease drippings not taste good!) We had a great Thanksgiving with Nofoa's family--and Kobe and Tehani were in heaven playing with all of the kids.
- Everything else!! I've got a great family and great friends--and tons to be thankful for. This is definitely not how I thought my life would turn out when I first moved to Utah 18 years ago (at that time my plan was to get out of Provo as soon as I could!) but I guess everything happens for a reason so here I am....and I wouldn't have it any other way!!
Sunday, November 30, 2008
Saturday, November 15, 2008
Apparently, it runs in the family. I've heard stories from my mother about getting called to my school when I was little because I wouldn't stop talking during class. I already knew that Tehani takes after me in this area because she is a little chatterbox. She is ALWAYS talking and she never runs out of stuff to say. It's funny to think about this now because Nofoa and I were so worried about her as a toddler since she was very delayed with her speech--so much so that she actually saw a speech therapist for about two years. Weird, huh? Well, that must have been one good speech therapist 'cause Tehani hasn't stopped talking since then.
So if you're ever in the mood to talk, just give Tehani a call!
Saturday, November 8, 2008
TEHANI'S "FAVORITE THINGS"
- Littlest Pet Shop VIP pet--She didn't actually specify which "pet" she wanted. (I was tempted to remind her that she already has a million stuffed animals, but I suppose it is her list after all)
- FurReal Cat--Again, we already have a REAL cat--courtesy of my brother and his wife. I did hear Tehani talking later that she thought it would be funny if the FurReal cat scared the real REAl cat.
- Giddyup N' Go Pony--I guess it's better than asking for a real pony...
- Easy Bake Oven--My mom never let me have one but apparently enough kids didn't burn down their homes the last time these were "hot" (literally) 'cause they are back again.
- MP3 Player--Someone should really remind her that she is 7 (not 17)
KOBE'S "FAVORITE THINGS"
- Pokemon Region Playset--I'm thinking her may actually be a little old for this particular toy but he is a HUGE Pokemon fan (for reasons I still don't understand.) Must be a boy thing...
- Neopets Jumbo Plush--At first I thought that perhaps this was a 'Tehani" pick (it is a stuffed animal after all) but its marked in the book with Kobe's messy handwriting and everything
- More games for the Wii--Right now we only have MarioKart (thanks Uncle Ken) and then Wii Sports and Wii Play. Apparently, that is not enough "Wii" to go around...
- Nerf Tech Target Set--A toy that involves shooting projectiles through the air at unsuspecting eyes...how could this not make the list!
- K'Nex Amusement Park Ferris Wheel--Kobe loves anything that involves a little million pieces (that can easily get sucked up into my vacuum when I bother to do so)
So for those of you that like suggestions, there you go. Just remember, kids LOVE surprises so don't feel confined by these lists. Anyway, my next project is to tackle my Christmas cards. (I know, I'm almost as bad as the radio stations that bust out the Jingle Bell music before Halloween!) But there are only 54 days left to go so I better get crackin'!