Saturday, June 27, 2009

In the dog house

In a bustling metropolis like Chicago, there are definitely plenty of sights to see--the Sears Tower, Buckingham Fountain, Wrigley Field and...the Anderson's Dog House!

Some consider it to be an urban legend. Who would build a dog house with motion-activated lights? Do you really need a microwave AND a water cooler in a dog house?

MythBusting fans will be happy to know the legend has been CONFIRMED. Don't ask me what makes my Dad decide that his doghouse needs these amenities (According to my Dad, it just does.)

If you look closely in the pictures, you'll notice that a lot of the edges and knobs have been covered with metal. Apparently the dog doesn't know the difference between the water cooler knobs and a chew toy so my Dad has resorted to dog-proofing everything in metal!

I'd joke that the dog has nicer cabinets than we do in our house, but I am pretty sure that he actually does.

It's definitely a rough life being man's best friend...

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

This is nice! I'm glad you found the pictures. Maybe i'll hire your dad to build my house?