Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder

Leave it to your kids to remind you that you are getting old. Here is a conversation Tehani and I had the other day while I was getting ready for work...

Tehani: "Mom?"

Me: "Yes Tehani..."

Tehani: "WHAT is that black stuff under your eyes?"
Please keep in mind that this was AFTER I had put concealer on. I was actually all the way done with my makeup--meaning this was as good as it was going to get :)

Me: What black stuff? (with a slightly annoyed voice)

Tehani: Right HERE...
This would be when Tehani physically puts both of her hands up to point to the dark circles--as if I couldn't see them already. I think she was careful to not touch the bags under my eyes (just in case they were contagious or something)

Anyway, I cannot wait for the day when my daughter is old enough--and stressed and sleep deprived enough--to have black cirlces of her very own!!

No comments: