Saturday, May 7, 2011

Spice Spice Baby

No trip to India is complete without a visit to the Spice Market. Our tour guide told us that the majority of the world's spices are bought and sold in little shops like these.

While everything may look good and nice in this photo, you'll thank me for not including the pictures of the surrounding areas. I've been a lot of places in the world but I do have to say that I have never been anywhere as dirty or as unsanitary (If it really is true that all of our spices come from here, I may never let my kids put cinnamon on their toast again!)

On a more positive note, I'd have to say that the high point of my India trip was our visit this morning to the Taj Mahal. We were there for the sunrise and it was spectacular.

So far in India we've been to Delhi and Agra. And, after our 5 hour bus ride today, we'll spend our last night here in Jaipur.

PS-If you ever do get the chance to visit this country, I recommend staying as far away from the roads as possible. Driving here (or even just riding on a bus) is scary. The Indians make the bad Utah drivers look good :)
Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

No comments: