Tuesday, May 24, 2011

My Happy Place

It's easy to smile when you're at the happiest place on earth! Last week, Norm and I took the kids on their first trip to Florida. Never mind the fact that I had just gotten back from my two week "asian adventure"--I had a work trip scheduled to Orlando so we figured it would be a great time for Norm and the kids to fly out and join me!

I do have to say I was jealous of the fact that the fam got to hang out all day by the pool the first few days there (while I was busy "hanging out" in conference rooms learning about the latest and greatest in fundraising :) But when Thursday afternoon finally rolled around, the real fun began. We managed to squeeze in a visit to Sea World and we spent Friday at Aquatica (Sea World's waterpark) And of course no visit to Orlando is complete without an obligatory stop at Disney. We spent most of the day at Epcot and then stopped by to say Aloha to our friends and family at the night show at Disney's Polynesian Resort.

Anyway, the kids loved it. Kobe has already asked if we can move to Florida and I'm pretty sure Tehani is already planning for the next time we can go out to visit. I'm pretty sure they also liked the fact that we had confirmed seats on the plane (thanks to Grandma, they're used to flying standby all the time.) I was talking to the kids on the phone before their flight (I flew out a day before them) and they were asking what would happen if they didn't get on the plane. I kept trying to explain to them that they'd for sure be getting on since we had bought tickets. It was kind of a foreign concept for them :)

Speaking of foreign concepts, I've spent the last two night sleeping in my own bed. Spending the last three weeks in hotels has been great, but it's nice to sleep in my own bed for a change. (I just need to figure out how to get a hotel maid to come in and make up my bed in the morning :)

No comments: