Saturday, April 30, 2011

Happy B-Day to my favorite middle sib

Anyone want to guess why this girl is smiling? (And no, it is not because she is just so happy for William and Kate :) It's because Cynthia is celebrating ANOTHER BIRTHDAY! And even though I'm technically "off the grid" at the moment (if my calculations are correct, I'm on a China-bound plane somewhere over the Pacific) I didn't want to let today go by without poking some fun, err.. I mean wishing my baby sister a very HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

There may be some of you that don't know this, but Cynthia is the middle child in the family. You know you've got it tough when they even have a special name (Middle Child Syndrome)to describe all your weirdness. I thought it would be funny to post some of the traits of a middle child (you know, to show you that Cynthia can't help being the way that she is :) but I couldn't find anything online that didn't list out traits that made her seem like a serial killer:
Loner
Quiet
Impatient
Uptight

That doesn't sound like a good way to wish someone a happy birthday. Anyway, I tkept looking and found a few more websites but it seemed like the information was just getting worse..."they may be a little weird, unfriendly and even worse, psychotic because of this feeling of emptiness."

Ouch. Anyway, I figured the BEST present I could give Cynthia for her birthday this year was an apology--Sorry I was born first. (It was a tough job being the favorite, but someone had to do it!) I hope you and your middle self are able to enjoy and happy and untraumatized day :)

No comments: