Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Grease Lightning

Well, there's nothing like a little grease fire to get your evening started...I must point out that my cooking was not the cause of this little kitchen mishap. As most of you know, my husband is a wonderful cook and he does a fair amount of the cooking in our home. (I'm not too proud to admit that he is a better cook than me. I am not bad cook--he is just better.) Anyway, the fam had called me on my way home from work and asked me to pick up some vegetable oil because Norm was going to make his famous pupu chicken. If you haven't had it before it is the best. The kids ask for it all the time (along with everyone else) so I was actually looking forward to this deep fried concoction. The cooking started off fine and I was in the kitchen too doing the usual (trying to look "busy" even though I wasn't actually doing anything) when the next thing I know there are flames lapping up the side of the microwave that is over the stove. Other than making a big mess no one was hurt. Kobe missed out on seeing our indoor bonfire and I'm sure Tehani won't soon forget this set (well see if she still like cooking after this) and we even finished the evening with our meal of pupu chicken (a little grease fire isn't enough to distract this family from their deepfried meal!) Just be warned that if you happen to get a whiff of anyone in our family for the next day or two, we haven't taken up smoking (even though we smell like it)--we just like pupu chicken!!

1 comment:

The Johnsons said...

wow, that sounds exciting! I hear people pay good money for dinner and a show, and you got it for free right in your own kitchen.