Sunday, December 21, 2008

The first day of winter...Chicago-style!!

So our long awaited holiday trip is finally here! With all of the snow and storms this week I've been worried about the airport and if we would actually even get out. But I am happy to report that our flight was only delayed once and we are now in THE COLDEST PLACE ON EARTH! When we landed it was only -6 degrees. And while that is definitely cold enough don't forget to take the windchill factor into account which means it felt closer to -30 degrees!! Needless to say, we will be spending a lot of time indoors over the next week. On our way home from O'Hare we did stop to pick up a pizza from our favorite place--Rosati's Pizza. I'm sure you've heard all the talk about how Chicago has the best pizza...it's true. And we finished the meal off by roasting marshmallows in the fireplace. Nothing like giving your kids sharp metal spears to stick in an open flame for a night of fun! And as if we hadn't had enough to eat already, we also snacked on the dozen different varieties of cookies that Crazy J made for Christmas. As my mother has already told me, I'm going to have to "watch it" or I'm going to gain 20 lbs while I'm here...thanks Mom!

No comments: