Friday, January 28, 2011

Life on the slopes

I decide awhile back that I would be a bad, bad mom if my kids didn't learn how to ski or snowboard. I mean, we DO live in Utah (you know, the place with "the greatest snow on earth.") Plus I'm pretty sure we've got snow on the ground for at least six months out of the year. Let's get those kids out on the slopes!!

Anyway, I'm also a smart enough mom to know that it would be best if I left the teaching on this up to the experts. So I was very glad when the kids brought home a sign up sheet for an after school program at Sundance--four lessons, lift tickets, and all the 'boarding gear they need. Let the snowboarding begin!! Here are some pics of my future Winter Olympians getting geared up (Just in case you've been living under a rock, snowboarding has been an official Olympic sport since 1998.)

I think the kids were a little suprised and/or possibly embarassed when they saw me up there earlier this week snapping pics. But a mom's got to do what a mom's got to do! (Never mind the fact that I was only up there because Norm and I were going to see a screening at the Sundance Film Festival that night) And I'm also just going to assume that Tehani does not spend all of her time sitting on her her bum out there.
So if you are ever in town and want to hit the slopes, just let me know. (I've got two kids that you can take along with you :)

No comments: