Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Our Japanese Cat

So Tehani is always saying the funniest things. Today I was home with the kids by myself and I was going to go check the mail. I put on my shoes, grabbed my keys and told Tehani I would be back in a sec. She asked if she could please "be in charge" while I was gone (for the whole minute that it takes me to walk to the mailbox...) At least we know who is going to wear the pants in her family, right?

I also heard Tehani telling the neighbor kids about our cat. The neighbors were commenting that the cat was white--she of course had to interject and told them that "our cat is ACTUALLY Japanese." I guess if you name your cat Neko (which translates into cat in Japanese) that means you have a Japanese cat!

I don't know which of her favorite words I like more. She is a big fan of "actually" but she also likes the throw in an "excluding" now and then just for fun. I think she just like to use actually a lot because it allows her to correct other people (something I assume she got from my sister!)

2 comments:

Cynthia said...

I love my mini-me:)

Rachelle said...

That was HILLARIOUS! ...Japanese cat... haha. too funny