Sunday, February 8, 2009

25 random things about me

  1. I'm addicted to reading all of my friends "25 Random Things" on Facebook. I'm sure most normal people skip over these but I actually read them. (I think you can tell a lot about a person by the things they write.)
  2. I should be finishing the letter I need to write for my EMBA application but I keep putting it off. It is about 75% done but I am having a hard time with the last little bit.
  3. I'm trying to start running again. I'm up to 3 miles (2x this past week) and it didn't kill me. I consider this an accomplishment.
  4. My recent hair cut is too short. I can't put my hair up when I am at the gym and I am having a hard time blow drying the back straight. (Darn my curly hair!)
  5. I changed my schedule at work this week so I can pick up my kids from school. It's weird being done with work by 3:30 each day...
  6. I went out to lunch with an old friend this week. I need to do a better job of doing things like this. My husband still keeps in touch with every friend he ever had. Sometimes I think that I don't have the time to do this...
  7. I figured out a way for Tehani to keep her room clean. She was at her friend's house yesterday and commented about how nice and clean her room was. Today, Tehani's room is clean. Gotta love peer pressure!
  8. There is a science fair at the kids school this week and we haven't started on Kobe's project. Any suggestions?
  9. I realize that the last two "things" are not really about me. But you can tell a lot about a person by the things they write...
  10. In addition to missing my mom I also miss my sister now that she doesn't live in Utah anymore.
  11. I've started drinking soda again. (I think I am addicted to Mountain Dew)
  12. I haven't scrapbooked in nearly two years.
  13. I like to think that I am still young. I really think that it was just a few years ago that I graduated from high school...and that was almost 20 years ago!
  14. I have become my mother. All of the things that I said I would never say or do when I was a parent...I do them all.
  15. I am a heavy sleeper and I almost never have a hard time falling asleep. Tehani is just like me in that the minute we lay down, we are out!
  16. My new favorite restaurant is the International Buffet in Provo. I am not usually a fan of buffets but this place has great Chinese food. We went there yesterday and I'm trying to figure out when we can go again.
  17. I still bite my nails. I've tried to stop. And then I bite them all off again.
  18. My favorite food is ice cream. It's not very good for my diet ( I would like to loose another 20 pounds) but I could eat it all day if I let myself.
  19. I try to take the kids to the library once a week. We all check out tons of books--so many that I sometimes worry that we are going to loose some. (We've only had to pay for one so far)
  20. I read the newspaper everyday (the paper one--not on-line.) I like to think it is because I grew up with my parents reading the Chicago Tribune every morning.
  21. I wish I did a better job of keeping our house clean.
  22. I try not to watch a ton of TV but my favorite shows are Grey's Anatomy, Law and Order, Lost and Desperate Housewives. Thank goodness for DVR's!
  23. I don't dream. Or at least I don't usually remember my dreams. The only time that I ever remembered my dreams was when I was pregnant.
  24. I am not a winter person and I hate the rain. One of my favorite things to do in the summer is to take the kids to the pool with my other "mom" friends.
  25. I would like to think that I am a person that has a lot to say....but this was definitely harder than I thought it would be.

1 comment:

Kelly said...

I just had to tell you that numbers 15,17,18 and 23 are totally your brother too! It must be an Anderson thing. Glad to see your blogging again.
Kelly