Thursday, October 2, 2008

Who won the Battle of the Alamo?

It apparently takes a trip to San Antonio for me to get around to updating my blog. I mean, it's only been over TWO WEEKS since I've last posted. And it's not that I haven't had stuff to write about--I've just been too busy! So luckily for me (and my blog) I had a trip for work to San Antonio. And just in case any of you are wondering, here are some things I've learned...

  • Even with the bad economy and everything else, overall philanthropy is still at an all time high--I realize that most of you could care a less but these are the things I worry about for work :)
  • Do not buy new shoes right before leaving on a trip--I have blisters on both feet to prove it. I'm almost tempted to go barefoot tomorrow...
  • Karaoke + Laura = BAD IDEA--I've never sung karaoke before (and at least now I know never to do it again.) The group from my station went out for dinner last night after our flight got in and the next thing I know, I'm at a microphone singing "The Love Shack" with two of my co-workers. Which leads to my next point of...
  • Don't let your waitress pick what song you are going to sing. I HATE the B-52's!!

Well, that's about it so far (unless you want me to go on more about giving and fundraising stuff.) And since I still have a ton of work to do before I can go to bed, that's it from the Alamo!

1 comment:

Cynthia said...

So who won the battle of the Alamo? Believe it or not, I really don't know. Kind of embarrassing if you think about it, considering my job is in history education:) Don't tell my coworkers!