Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Kobe & Tehani and their upcoming 5K

Before you think that this must be some crazy form of cruel and unusal punishment, I should let you all know that both of them ran in this 5K last year at their school. Meridian does this as a fundraiser each year and you know me, I'm the fundraising queen so here are your two options...
  • Come out on Wed, Oct 29 at 2pm and run 3 miles with 200+ kids at Meridian school or...
  • Cough up a few bucks and get a free pass from running (along with a tax deductible donation and the good feeling that comes from knowing you've made a difference for...oh sorry, I thought I was at work there for a minute!)

Anyway, if you're a fan of Kobe, you can donate to help his class: http://www.firstgiving.com/meridianschoolclass3

If you like Tehani the best: http://www.firstgiving.com/meridianschoolclass2

Or if you're like me and you can't decide, you can donate a little to each. :)

I'm still trying to figure out if I will run the race with them this year. I know I should, but I just don't know if I'm up to being out run by a 7 year old and a soon-to-be 9 year old. Oh well, at least I know I'll always beat them when it comes to fundraising.

PS--I also wanted to report that after much debating WE HAVE NAMED THE CAT. I liked the name Mozart but I was outvoted by the kids with Neko (which means cat in Japanese). Now if I could just figure out a way to get the cat to donate to the 5K...

No comments: