Thursday, August 28, 2008

Bobcat Badge

Kobe got his first cub scout patch!! He's only been in scouts since he turned eight last December so if you do the math you can see that we are definitely NOT on the fast track with badges and stuff. I'd blame it on the den mother or something like that but I'm actually the den mom (that's what happens when you ask at church why your eight year old son hasn't had a den meeting yet after he's been eight for a few months--next time I'll know just to keep my mouth shut!)

Anyway, our whole pack is kind of new at this so we're learning as we go along. It's taken us quite a few months to kind of figure out what we are even supposed to be doing anyway but we had our first pack meeting tonight and the boys had fun. Kobe got his Bobcat Badge (along with all of the other boys) and I got a Bobcat pin. We also had another Cub Scout come that has earned all of the pins and badges that are possible to speak to the pack. The boys really enjoyed hearing about all his badges, etc. so now it looks like Kobe and I will be busy over the next few month before he turns nine getting caught up with badges...and obeying the law of the pack!

I'll just know that I'm doing good if I ever start reciting boy scout things in my sleep...I , Laura, promise to do my duty, to God and my country....

No comments: