Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Will work for...FUN


Me and Princess Presto
I don't usually travel a lot for work.  So it was kind of rare that I would have two trips back to back.  I just spent all of last week in Denver and I've been in Boston since Sunday for a big cable show.  I'm definitely ready to be home (two weeks on the road would be tiring to even the most seasoned "road warrior") but I would be lying if I said that I hadn't been having fun.

It kind of got me to thinking about how lucky I am to have a job that I enjoy.  I really consider it to be a fluke that I even work in media.  I didn't grow up wanting to work for a TV station.  Truthfully, I never thought a lot about what I wanted to be when I "grew up." I mean, I started college as a political science major (thank goodness that didn't last :)

But 22 years ago I signed up to volunteer for one of the stations on-air telethons and I've been hooked ever since.  I keep pretty busy (which is good for me and the type of person that I am :) and it is fun.  Really fun.  (It doesn't hurt that I work with a bunch of great people either :)

Laura, Barbara and George
So to celebrate the fact that I am FINALLY going home tomorrow, I thought I would post some pics of me "at work."  Working hard or hardly working?  I'll let you be the judge.
Hanging out at The Cable Show in Boston
For all of my Dexter friends

No comments: