Saturday, October 29, 2011

Run For Your Life

The kids and I decided to kick off the Halloween festivities early this year by dressing up and running in the Provo Monster Mile & 5K race. (Being the good mom that I am, I figured the least I could do before I let my kids eat 6 months worth of candy in one weekend is to make the make them get a little exercise!!)

Tehani went as a monarch butterfly (not a fairy!) Kobe is a burglar. And for those of you that might be wondering if I dressed up or not, Hello--I am a lifeguard!! Lucky for the rest of the runners--and you readers--I left my Pamela Anderson Baywatch swimsuit at home :) Anyway, the kids had fun (the race did trunk or treating for kids afterwards) And I managed to get a fairly fast time (for me at least) on my 5K--basically because I was worried about the kiddos being alone--they backed out on running the 5K with me and just did the wimpy 1 mile race :)

Both of the kids plan on doing a costume change for the next event on our Halloween agenda (for some reason these two must be under the impression that it is very passe to wear the same costume twice in one season) so be sure to check back to see what we have in store.

Happy Haunting!!

No comments: