Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Dirty Dash

I know it is hard to recognize the mud-covered people in this photo but just wanted to post a quick pic from last weekend's insanity--aka The Dirty Dash.


I'm not really a mud kind of person so I am not sure what I was thinking when I signed up to do this with a group from my EMBA class. Luckily, I was able to talk Simone into coming up so we could let the kids do the Piglet Plunge. It also took some explaining to my parents that no actual pigs are involved in the race. (Apparently, back during my dad's childhood they used to grease up pigs and let the kids catch them for fun--so he thought from the "Piglet Plunge" name that we were chasing some lil' porkers around :)

Anyway, the kids had a blast (well, that was up until I tried to get Tehani and Eva to take a cold shower. After tears and lots a shivering, we broke down and paid the $4 a piece to let them wash off in a warm shower--wimps)

And for those of you that want video proof, you have it (thanks to the overachieving guy in my group with a waterproof video camera :) And just remember, anytime you don't see me in the video, its because I'm holding the vidoe camera (Hello, I work at a TV station :)

No comments: