Wednesday, April 28, 2010

22 Days and Counting

So I just counted this morning and the kids only have 22 days of school left. This means it's that time of the year again when my mom starts planning for all of the different places she might like to take her traveling companions (aka, Kobe & Tehani) over the summer. While this may seem like a strange idea to most, I should point out that my family comes from a long line of "grandparent sponsored" traveling excursions...
The year was 1978 when my Grandma and Grandpa decided to take my cousin and I to Florida. And while I was a little young to have a lot of memories of said trip (For example, I've no recollection of the groovy pantsuit I was sporting in this photo) I remember having fun at both Sea World and Disney World--and getting a super cool Donald Duck souvenir hat! (I also remember getting a couple of spankings for not listening but we'll leave that out of this trip down memory lane!)

Flash forward to 2010. Will the kids be spending time in Boston this summer? Or does a nice long train ride to Canada sound like the ticket? With Crazy J as your travel director, there's no telling where you'll end up!

All I know is that I'm glad for all of the great experiences that I had as a child with my grandparents...and for all of the fun times that the kids have with my Mom and Dad. Pack your bags, summer vacation is almost here!!

(PS--No need to "pack your bags" if you are over the age of 18. Cynthia and I drop hints about wanting to tag along for trips all of the time--but my mom only wants to do vacations with the grandkids now. Go figure!)

No comments: