Monday, January 18, 2010

Life with a teenager

No, hubby and I have not adopted another child. And those of you keeping track know that the Kobester and Haniroo are both ten and under. But every once in awhile I get a glimps of things to come...

Tehani came home from school the other day with some things from her Jr Jazz basketball team. You know the usual stuff--practice info, game schedule, free ticket to a BYU game and such. She then announces...
Tehani: "So I'm going to need a ride."

Norm: "Well, you don't have a game tonight."


Tehani: "Not to MY game. I need to be dropped off at BYU so I can use my BYU ticket.
"

Apparently our eight year old thinks she is old enough to get dropped at Marriott Center--"Have fun at the 22,000 seat arena, Tehani. We'll see you in a couple hours!" I tried to explain to her that the ticket was for her to go to a game WITH a parent but I am not sure that she grasped (or liked) that idea. So much for Tehani's Day Out.

PS--I'm hoping to go as long as possible before Tehani finds out that tweens get dropped off at the mall all the time sans parents. We'll see how long I can keep that a secret :)

1 comment:

Cassie Jensen said...

Hey, I have 2 1/2 teenagers now and never have I dropped them off at the mall. You can ease your mind in knowing that most parents don't. Tehani can ease her mind in knowing that you get to buy more when you act like you enjoy shopping with your mom! Good luck!