Happy Birthday Hani Bani
Yes, our little Hani Bani (aka Tehani) is eight years old today. While Tehani won't be having her big girl party with friends until Saturday, she did get to start off the morning today by opening a few presents--a fancy new kite from Kobe and girlie golf clubs from her Dad (and Mom too:) Here's a pic of Tehani trying to take her new present to school for the day:Anyway, in true blogger fashion, here's a list of 8 Reasons Why We Love Tehani:
- Talk, talk, talk--Tehani is definitely her mother's child--she is a talker! Tehani was very late to start talking--so much so that we saw a speech therapist for a whole year. Apparently the therapist did a good job--almost too good--because Tehani hasn't stopped talking since then!
- Smile--Tehani is always smiling. She's got that funny little grin (not quite as funny as it was when she was missing ALL of her front teeth last year) but it is too cute.
- Confessions of a Shopaholic--Tehani loves to shop. I've given up even trying to sneak out of the house without her--she's got some type of extra sensory ability to know when I am trying to do this. She shows up at the garage door (with her shoes already on) asking "What store are we going to?" And don't even get me started about all of the stuff she wants to buy when we are out and about.
- Girlie Girl--I'm assuming her love to shop stems from the fact that she is also a girlie girl. From nail polish to fixing her hair, she has more stuffed animals than I know what to do with. Go Girl Power!!
- When I grow up--Tehani talks all of the time about what she is going to do when she grows up. Last I heard she was going to be a veterinarian. And she is going to have 10 babies. I know this because she asked me once if I could live by her because "I won't be able to hold all of the babies at once so I will need you to help." Great, I'm raising Octomom II.
- OCD--She's a girl that has to fix the roll of toilet paper because it's on backwards. Need I say more. (Tehani also told me a few weeks back that she had already written all her thank you notes--for the birthday party we haven't had yet! That's my girl!!)
- The Animal Whisperer--I'm pretty sure if I let her Tehani would bring home every animal she could find. She LOVES her cat Neko and has already started campaigning for the day that we can add a dog to the family...
- But we love her most of all...Because she's our Hani Bani!