Sunday, August 16, 2009

Who wears short shorts?

I'd like everyone to know that we've met a major milestone at the Tevaga household this past week--I finally went shopping and got Tehani some new shorts. No more "Daisy Dukes" for her!

Cynthia likes to harass me about the fact that Tehani still wears clothes with the numbers 4T or 5T on the tags. At first we couldn't buy her anything bigger--she is so straight and skinny (she must get it from her mom :) that anything else would fall right off of her...

Then it kind of got to be like a competition--how long could I let Tehani go on wearing clothes that I had bought for her before she started kindergarten... And don't get me started on how much money we've saved by not buying our daughter a stitch of clothing for three years...

July 2006 and July 2009
Same girl, same shorts.

Let's just say I live by the motto "Use it up, wear it out..."

In my defense, Tehani does wear shorts to school everyday under her uniform jumper ("So when I'm hanging upside down on the jungle gym, the boys won't see my underwear" as Tehani would say.) So in the interest of not looking funny with shorts hanging out underneath her jumper, Tehani went on wearing her Nair approved "short shorts" year after year.

But, after a couple of trips to Target this week, our short shorts problem has been solved.

I even broke down and got Tehani some new longer uniforms for school (I'm such a good Mom)

So if you know anyone that can use some gently used--err, I mean--well worn shorts, let me know! PS--Just remember that Tehani has long legs so any shorts pictured above may appear shorter than they really are :)

2 comments:

Rachelle said...

you are so funny! can you please send some of your skinny genes this way. it would be greatly appreciated!!!

taHiTiaN gAl said...

Good job Laura! It takes a lot to get rid of old clothes..........hehehe!!!!!!!!