Saturday, November 8, 2008

Kobe & Tehani's Favorite Things

Call me a copycat (and hopefully I don't get sued by Oprah for copyright infringement) but I'm posting a list of our "Favorite Things." I guess technically this isn't a favorites list in true Oprah fashion, but every year I get lots of calls and questions from family members about what the kids want for Christmas. My usual response is "That's a good question?" To help out this year, I had them mark up WalMart Kids' Holiday book so if you could care a less about what the kiddos want, feel free to skip this post but for those of you that are interested...

TEHANI'S "FAVORITE THINGS"
  1. Littlest Pet Shop VIP pet--She didn't actually specify which "pet" she wanted. (I was tempted to remind her that she already has a million stuffed animals, but I suppose it is her list after all)
  2. FurReal Cat--Again, we already have a REAL cat--courtesy of my brother and his wife. I did hear Tehani talking later that she thought it would be funny if the FurReal cat scared the real REAl cat.
  3. Giddyup N' Go Pony--I guess it's better than asking for a real pony...
  4. Easy Bake Oven--My mom never let me have one but apparently enough kids didn't burn down their homes the last time these were "hot" (literally) 'cause they are back again.
  5. MP3 Player--Someone should really remind her that she is 7 (not 17)

KOBE'S "FAVORITE THINGS"

  1. Pokemon Region Playset--I'm thinking her may actually be a little old for this particular toy but he is a HUGE Pokemon fan (for reasons I still don't understand.) Must be a boy thing...
  2. Neopets Jumbo Plush--At first I thought that perhaps this was a 'Tehani" pick (it is a stuffed animal after all) but its marked in the book with Kobe's messy handwriting and everything
  3. More games for the Wii--Right now we only have MarioKart (thanks Uncle Ken) and then Wii Sports and Wii Play. Apparently, that is not enough "Wii" to go around...
  4. Nerf Tech Target Set--A toy that involves shooting projectiles through the air at unsuspecting eyes...how could this not make the list!
  5. K'Nex Amusement Park Ferris Wheel--Kobe loves anything that involves a little million pieces (that can easily get sucked up into my vacuum when I bother to do so)
And I'm sure you've all heard the old wives tale about how THE NUMBER 4 & 5 are unlucky...and that you should never purchase ITEMS on a list with certain numbers...something to do with things that ARE NO LONGER NEEDED. As a side note, by some strange coincidence I actually finished my Christmas shopping today too. Funny how that works...

So for those of you that like suggestions, there you go. Just remember, kids LOVE surprises so don't feel confined by these lists. Anyway, my next project is to tackle my Christmas cards. (I know, I'm almost as bad as the radio stations that bust out the Jingle Bell music before Halloween!) But there are only 54 days left to go so I better get crackin'!

1 comment:

Cynthia said...

It's a good thing I talked to Uncle Raymond yesterday because he hadn't caught on to the secret code:)