Friday, July 4, 2008

Run Laura Run!!

Don't ask me what I was thinking when I decided it would be a good idea to start my 4th of July holiday by getting up at the crack of dawn and running in the Provo Freedom Festival Run. (Call me crazy but apparently this is my idea of fun ?!?) However, I am glad to report that I finished the 5K in one piece--and with a time of 37:01 which is a faster than I expected! I know a 5k is only 3 miles but I'm just getting back into running so this is still a big deal for me. Afterwards, I stayed to watch the parade with my cousins (Shaanta, Laiza and I ran the race together) before spending the day at the Scera pool with Simone. Other than missing my kids (this is the second or third summer they've been in Chicago) all in all, I had a perfect 4th of July holiday!

2 comments:

The Johnsons said...

All I can say is YOU GO GIRL!!!

Staiger Smiles said...

Wow! Way to go! I should follow your example. You look great!