Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Where do babies come from?

Nothing like a morning of fun at the hospital! Kobe, Tehani, and my mom spent the early morning hours with Cynthia at the hospital to see if the doctors could do their magic and get Baby Charlotte to turn over the right way (Char Char's apparently fond the the breach position!) Anyway, it looks like the baby is just as stubborn as Cynthia is and would not budge. So Cynthia is now scheduled for a c-section next week on Tuesday, July 8.

I do worry about the kids spending so much "baby being born" time in the hospital but my mother has assured me that she will keep them out of the deliver room. About a year ago Tehani suprised me with her version of the "Where do babies come from question." Luckily we were in the car by ourselves so she doesn't get Kobe asking questions too...

Tehani: "How do babies get out of their mommy's tummy?"

Suprised Mom (aka Me): "Well...(long pause--with thoughts about why my SIX YEAR old is asking me this) The, um...the doctor does that..."

Tehani: "The doctor spreads it apart? "

Really Suprised Mom: "Um...the doctor spreads WHAT apart? (with thoughts about where on earth Tehani would already have an idea like this?!?)"

Tehani: "The mommy's tummy."

Relieved Mom: (Whew) "Yes...the doctor spreads the mommy's tummy apart."

It looks like Cynthia won't be spoiling the suprise for Tehani!

No comments: