Saturday, August 14, 2010

Pass the croissant

I made the mistake of promising Tehani that we would redo her room. It's been all that she's talked about since coming back from Chicago so I decided that this was the project for the weekend (basically I was tired of listening to Tehani talk about bedspreads and paint colors :)

Anyway, after trips to JC Penny's, Sam's, WalMart, Koh'l, Ross, TJ Maxx, Target and a few others we finally found our new bedding. (I normally wouldn't go to so many stores but I was not about to shell out a lot of money to redecorate an eight year old's room) Let's just say I have a new appreciation for the clearance rack at Target!

Anyway, Tehani and I were getting into the car tonight after purchasing a new comforter set when she leaned over and said "Wow. Look Mom, a croissant moon." I made sure not to laugh out loud as I explained to Tehani that it' s actually called a "crescent moon." Crescent, croissant--I'm sure it all seems the same when you're eight years old (Though I suddenly have an unexplainable desire for some light and flaky butter flavored pastries)

No comments: